ComEd 2018 Solar Spotlight Participation Agreement
The ComEd 2018 Solar Spotlight (the “Program”) begins on June 13, 2018 and ends September 13, 2018 ("Program Period") and is open to Hispanic American students ages 13 through 18 who are legal residents of Illinois as of June 11, 2018 with parent or legal guardian permission to enter and participate (“Participant”). Submissions, as defined below, must be submitted and received no later than September 12, 2018. Persons who are an employee, director, officer, or independent contractor in any of the following categories, or are the immediate family member of such person, are NOT eligible to participate in the Promotion: (a) the Sponsor or its parent companies, subsidiaries, or affiliated companies; (b) any entities participating in the Promotion; and (c) any entities engaged in the development, production or distribution of Promotion materials or the prizes. Void outside the state of Illinois and where prohibited.
To participate eligible students must, with their parent/legal guardian’s permission, visit www.comedsolarspotlight.com and complete the submission in its entirety including the following steps:
- Participant’s full name, date of birth, email address, complete home address, school they attend, grade they are currently in, and whether they participate in any student/community organization;
- Participant’s parent/legal guardian’s full name, email address, complete address and phone number;
- Checking the box to indicate that they along with their parent or legal guardian have read, understood and accepted these Terms
- Upload a photo of yourself only (“Photo”) (Photo must be in JPG or PNG format and must not to exceed 10MB); and
- Click the Submit button (the “Submission”).
Upon successfully submitting a Submission, entrant’s parent/legal guardian will be sent an email to the address provided at the time of entry with instructions to confirm that he/she agrees to his/her child’s participation in the Promotion and has read, understood and accepted the Terms (the “Participant Confirmation”). Upon completion of the Participants Confirmation, eligible Submissions will all be considered and processed for attendance in the Program. Participant Confirmation must be completed no later than September 13, 2018.
Once submitted, the Submission becomes the property of the Sponsor, will not be returned and will be used by Sponsor in accordance with these Terms and its policies.
The purpose of the Program is for Participant to learn about solar energy and develop a Project (the “Project”). The Program is part of Commonwealth Edison Company’s (“Sponsor”) goal of celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month and promoting awareness of and use of alternative renewable energy sources, specifically Solar. In consideration of being permitted to participate in this Program, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which Participant acknowledges, Participant agrees to the following by accepting these terms (“Terms and/or Agreement”) which extend for the period of June 13, 2018 through October 31, 2018 (the “Term”).
- Participant understands and agrees that he/she will be a member of a select group of up to sixty (60) pre-screened individuals participating in this Program (together, with Participant, the “Participants”). Each Participant will attend (a) two days of curriculum and hands-on activities regarding the impact of solar energy on September 15 and 22, 2018 in Chicago; (b) a final presentation of the Project and recognition of completion of the Program in Chicago at a date to be determined (each, an “Event” and, collectively, the “Events”). Dates and locations of the Event may be changed by Sponsor.
- Participant understands and agrees that each team will have adult “mentors,” employees of Sponsor, to assist Participants during all Program activities at the Events and creation of the Project.
- Participant agrees that all Program activities and Events will be filmed and agrees to participate in the filming and in interviews for the creation of videos about the Program (“Video(s)”). In consideration for the opportunity to participate in the Program, Participant hereby agrees to the use of his/her name, likeness, background and biographical information, interviews and performance in the Videos and in any other promotional materials created by Sponsor related to the Program without restriction as to manner, duration or frequency of usage, which may include, but will not be limited to, in the Videos, print materials, PR, social media, broadcast television and digital advertising.
- Participant may reference the Program in his/her personal social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Snapchat postings and Participant’s personal blogs.
- In consideration of their participation and their release of rights in this Agreement, a Participant will receive a $250 Participation Award upon successful completion (determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion) of two of the (3) Solar Spotlight Events listed in Section 1.
- Participant specifically agrees and acknowledges that all materials created during the Program, including, without limitation, the Project and the Video(s) (collectively, the “Materials”) are “works made for hire” under U.S. Copyright law and are solely owned by Sponsor. In the event any Materials are not considered “works made for hire,” Participant hereby irrevocably assigns to Sponsor all rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademarks, patents and trade secret rights in and to Materials, in perpetuity, worldwide, without royalty or further compensation, including, without limitation, any derivative rights and the right to display the Materials, including in the Project in any manner at Sponsor’s discretion, in any media now existing or yet to be invented. Participant waives any right of publicity, attribution, and integrity, including any moral rights Participant may have in the Materials or the Project.
- Participant understands and acknowledges that the Events involve the use of tools, electrical systems and other elements, including transportation to the Events that are potentially dangerous. Participant, and Participant’s parent or legal guardian, if applicable, agree to hold Sponsor and Leo Burnett (“Agency”), together with their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions and their respective directors, officers, employees, licensees, agents and assigns (collectively “Sponsor Affiliates”), harmless from and against any and all liability for any and all costs, personal injuries, losses, liability or property damages, mental or emotional distress, death, bodily injury, illness or accident related costs and expenses resulting from or relating to Participant’s participation in this Program, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly related to the participation in the Program, any Event, acceptance of, use or misuse of any benefits Participant will receive in connection with or participation in the Program. Participant hereby forever releases Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates of all liability and waives any claims Participant may have against Sponsor and Sponsor Affiliates. Participant agrees that he/she will follow all safety and other instructions provided by mentors and other Sponsor or Agency representatives during each of the Events and the filming of the Video(s).
- The Agreement and all matters relating to this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without reference to choice of laws principles. Venue shall be in the state or Federal courts located in Chicago, Illinois.
- If any provision of the Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in effect. The Agreement may not be amended or assigned except in a writing signed by both parties. If an assignment occurs, the assignment will not relieve the assigning party of its liabilities and obligations under the Agreement. A waiver by either party of any of the terms and conditions of the Agreement in one or more instances will not constitute a permanent waiver of the term or condition.
- This Agreement may be executed as a single document or in counterparts, including use of facsimile signatures and facsimile copies. Such documents shall be considered original Agreements.
- This Agreement is the complete final and exclusive agreement between the parties and supersedes any prior oral or written agreement concerning the subject matter.